At the PGDC we are committed to supporting the advancement of counsellors who are in training by providing clinical placement opportunities on a long-term basis.
Student Counsellor Placements in Croydon
For counselling students interested in a placement with us, we offer the opportunity to work with a minimum of 3 clients per week in a professional and supportive environment.
We provide monthly group supervision and offer regular training and assessment opportunities.
Students on placements are required to:
- Provide a current enhanced DBS disclosure (we can help with this if needed)
- Hold membership of a professional body i.e. BACP
- Engage in individual supervision
- Provide a reference from their current or most recent tutor
- To be in year 2 of a BACP accredited course and working towards a recognised qualification or hold a recognised counselling qualification and be working towards accreditation
- Have professional indemnity insurance
- Be able to commit to the service for a minimum of 1 year
- Have been in personal therapy for at least 1 year.
- Attend group supervision once a month (Mondays 4 pm – 5.30 pm)
On commencing your placement with us, you will receive our counsellor handbook. This provides information about our policies and ways of working. You will also be expected to attend an induction session.
If you meet the above placement criteria and want to apply for a placement with the PGDC, please download and complete the application form below and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our corporate clients include